Saturday, January 22, 2011

Veiled Rebecca !!

when I was working at EPTRI I was asked to go collect some documents from DiRECTORATE OF HEALTH..As usual I got out without calling them first.... Something I am very careful about these days... When I reached there I was asked to wait for four hours thats when my driver suggested about a museum,Salaar Jung museum near Koti. Thats where I saw her.... Rebbeca... The italian beauty sculpted in almost six foot single piece marble.. She is something I could never be... But its not jealousy but a deep sense of sadness... Legend says she was sculpted by her brother's friend who was present when her fiance saw her for first time...

She was so shy that she wore a veil when she came out to meet her fiance... She had kept her face meekly down never meeting their eyes... Obviously it not her fiance who got entralled..

The sculptor should have been in love with her .... No other man could have captured essence of that moment otherwise...

The sculpture of Veiled Rebecca made by Giovanni Maria Benzoni around the time 1809-1873.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails