Monday, December 27, 2010

Moments of Life

Out through the bedroom window
I saw the jackfruit eyeing me
teasing the life around it with its fruity smell
Oh! I am no exception
I was seduced by it charms
Every morning I go check up
On it through the window
Watched it grow round
and thrive against the odds
Finally the time neared
For receiving the price of my patience
But Alas !!
Before I can get whats mine,
A raven had staked it claim on my price
Eyeing me sideways daring me to come near
However futile it seems I took a step nearer
just to see what I lost forever
He then let out a war cry
On cue many of his kind joined
Forming a black guard army against me
Together they devoured my treasure
Mocking me inbetween by flapping their wings
Up above on the papaya tree
Sat the blue kingfisher
whose sorrowful chirps told me the tale of loosing
Like my fury for my lost chance
Rain drops started stumbling down from heaven
Driving black guard army away
There lies my jackfruit half eaten
still trying to draw life around it with its fruity smell

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails