Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My first tank


As a kid whenever I came across some stagnant water my immediate thought will be ''how many fishes will be I able to have in so much water''.If the water level is too low for fishes then my next thought will be ''if i can maintain same level for some more time will moss grow there?'' well thats me,I always had to have some pets or the other for MY SURVIVAL.
My first planted tank was made of steel(stolen from my grany's storeroom).In a place like kerala where its really hot this tank placed in terrace under direct sun was worst nightmare possible.I was allowed to keep only fishes as pet but none of my fishes survived more than four days.When it dies I would coax my grandpa to take me to the nearest aquarium shop to buy a new pair but in the mornings when I come running straight from the bed to check on the fishes which are suppose to be happily swimming around it will be floating at the top.Then with teary eyes I will bury my favorite pet under the coconut tree.Once it became a normal occurence I started flushing them down the drain.
Then after months as an angel from heaven,my great aunt shama who returned from singapore to stay in kerala, explained to me how the temperature rises in my steel tank which kills my fishes and makes my plants rot away.She then gifted me with her glass bowl for keeping my fish.
Then onwards like a charm the first pair of gold fish I owned survived the first four days to live up to three years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails